This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) informs you what personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will use it. Our detailed privacy document is available to download by clicking here.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.coberhill.co.uk This includes information provided at the time of registering a booking on our site, signing up to a newsletter and requesting a new brochure. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion through www.coberhill.co.uk or through our social media channels.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence on our internal systems (secure systems).
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your bookings.
- Details of your visits to our hotel including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web-logs and other communication data.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address (location), operating system (for example Windows) and browser type (for example Google Chrome), for system administration and to report information to our makrketing and development team. This is generic statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual or personal information.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our online audience scale and user usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences when using our online pages, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches so we can identify what you are searching for quicker.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we do with the information we collect
We use information we store about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Consent could be ticking a box to receiving a newsletter or signing up to a promotion.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service or business.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone if we have permission from you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. And providing you gave us consent to contact you.
If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the booking form).
We do not sell, rent or pass on any information about our customers to third parties and we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 and which are not treated by us as third parties.
We in the following circumstances and notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Cober Hill or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cober Hill, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by sending a letter highlighting this to Cober Hill. Our details are on our Contact page.
Cober Hill may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
2 Night Midweek Getaway
£119.00 per person for a 2 Night Midweek stay on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast tariff.*
* OFFER NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE. EXCLUDES GROUP BOOKINGS, CREATIVE HOLIDAYS, SUMMER SEASON, CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR DATES.
For group visits, please contact us for prices, availability and to discuss your requirements.
Have some questions or would like to book? You may contact us through the information below.
Cober Hill, Cloughton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO13 0AR
"We have used Cober Hill for our annual residential for over 25 years. Great facilities."Southroyd Academy - February 2020
"Thank you for making us feel so welcome as always. You have all been so kind."Ladywood Primary School - February 2020
"Beautiful and comfortable room, peaceful surroundings."Ruth Wood - February 2020
"Delightful surroundings, sea view and lovely walks."Nether Edge Folk Club - January 2020
"All my guests have been pleasantly surprised with the venue and lovely staff, and I have booked again for next year."Simply Stitch - October 2019
"A wonderful stay. Everyone was so kind and helpful. Wonderful rooms, food etc."Wakefield Quakers - October 2019