Our Dog Policy
- must be fully trained (i.e. no puppies under 6 months).
- must be kept on a leash when indoors or on hotel property unless it is in a guest room.
- must not be aggressive or loud.
- should not be left unattended if it barks or is destructive.
- is not allowed in any food preparation or serving areas.
- is not allowed in either the Green Lounge or Wynyard Lounge.
- are responsible for cleaning up after your dog on the property, in the gardens and the surrounding area. Bins are situated in many locations around the grounds.
- must display the dog in room sign at all times when the dog is present in the room if you are confident that our staff will be comfortable to service the room. If not then please ask at Reception for the housekeeping department to arrange for a convenient time for servicing your room with you in the room with the dog or the dog to be out of the room.
- are responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from your dog.
- must pay a pet fee of £10 per night per pet up to a maximum of 2 pets.
Cober Hill Staff and Management:
- will welcome your dog and provide water bowls around the grounds.
- may ask you and your dog to leave if the policies are not followed.
- thank you in advance for your consideration for staff, other guests and property.
2 Night Midweek Getaway
£99.00 per person for a 2 Night Midweek stay on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast tariff.
* OFFER NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE *
For group visits, please contact us for prices, availability and to discuss your requirements.
Have some questions or would like to book? You may contact us through the information below.
Cober Hill, Cloughton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO13 0AR
Here's what our customers say
"All members of the group have enjoyed their stay. The food is excellent and we got the weather that was ordered. We will all be coming back to our second home 'Cober'."Beryl's Painting Group - April 2019
"I would just like to say a big thankyou. My friend and I have just had afternoon tea at Cober Hill and wanted to say we thoroughly enjoyed our very relaxing afternoon. The staff are very friendly and we couldn't fault the food. Highly reccommend!"Pat Marsh - April 2019
"The staff were wonderful, they worked hard to make our stay amazing. Thank you!"Arjuna Ishaya - March 2019
"Very helpful but not obtrusive staff. Self service teas & coffees made us feel at home. Wonderful food, gorgeous location and building."Private Guest - March 2019
"We have had a great weekend. I have only had good reports from my friends."Kings Church Darlington - March 2019
"Excellent meeting rooms, bedrooms, food and admin. Thanks for another good stay with you, see you next year."British Lichen Society - March 2019
"It's great value for money, staff are always great, facilities work for us and suit our needs and the location is fantastic."Trish Hobman - January 2019
"We were a party of 10 lady quilters and the theatre room was just right - tea making - washing up places - perfect just down the stairs. The friendlyness of the staff and the freedom to get on with our sewing were both highlights too. You are the best venue I have stayed at. The scenary is magnificent. Don't change."Sandra Whitfield - November 2018
"Everything has been very special! The service and smiles and lovely food at mealtimes, the house and rooms are spotless, and the tremendous atmosphere is very relaxing - especially in the grounds."Richard Gawthorpe Art - September 2018
"Delightful staff and warm atmosphere. The traditional values make this a change from 'modern living'!"Mavis Price - September 2018
"The highlights of my stay were the enduring warmth & friendliness of the place, and the wonderful staff keeping true to the ethos of Cober Hill, striving in the changing world to maintain the high standard."Private Guest - July 2018
"I come to Cober Hill to relax, to walk, to read, to enjoy good food, comfortable sitting rooms and beautiful gardens! Everything of beauty is here. Every creature comfort is provided. Cober Hill is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. It is also very good value for money."Rosemary Donaldson - July 2018
"We've been coming for the last 12 years and have always appreciated the welcome, care, service and the food!! The time here with you flies by all too quickly, thank you."Bryan and Karen Witty - June 2018
"The highlights of our stay were the wonderful surroundings, the excellent food and the warm, friendly atmosphere created by delightful staff who work so hard to give excellent service. Can't wait to come again next year!"Yorkshire Pastellists - June 2018
"Cober Hill is a very special place - not only the accommodation & facilities, but the staff are so welcoming and all are fabulous with our children. Many thanks to everyone."Mowbray Primary School - May 2018
"It is a beautiful hotel with amazing grounds that the children couldn't wait to explore! Thank you so much for a fantastic stay, the children have loved every minute of it. The prices were reasonable and the facilities were perfect for us!"Todwick Primary School - May 2018
"Large enough for our party, good walking area and reasonably priced. All the staff have been helpful and understanding, patient and polite at all times. Impressed with the spacious rooms - especially singles. The grounds are beautiful and it is very quiet - noticeably at night."Churches Together in Bingham - May 2018
"You ticked all the boxes. I live locally in Scarborough and there is no where better to visit than Cober Hill! You can't improve on perfection - this is Heaven on Earth."Private Guest - May 2018
"I must say having been to Cober Hill since the mid 50s, then working there in the mid 60s, in essence it really doesn't change. The staff have always been friendly, helpful and considerate to the guests needs. This is partly what makes Cober Hill so special. I loved it as a child, as did my children, and now my grandchildren are doing the same - building friendships which last all year until they meet again. I just wish I was able to bottle up the essence of Cober and get it out occasionally when the weather is grey!"Jenny Gladwell - April 2018