Cober Hill is nestled in the North York Moors National Park, home to many stargazing opportunities that are truly out of this world.
We have been awarded the first “Dark Skies Friendly Accommodation Provider in the North York Moors National Park”, and we are proud to announce a number of Stay and Gaze visits available for 2019.
Photo Credit: Russ Norman
Around 85% of the UK population has never seen a truly dark sky, and in the North York Moors National Park you can enjoy some of the darkest skies in the world – on a clear night the skies are breath-taking. Billions of stars make up our Milky Way, a plethora of planets, dazzling meteor showers and the glow of galaxies like Andromeda.
We are hosting many Stay and Gaze events throughout the year, and we have all year-round facilities to help our guests to enjoy the starry skies. If you would like to do some stargazing, but you don’t have all the necessary equipment, then this is the perfect venue for you.
Enjoy a fabulous stargazing stay and join all levels of Astronomers for interesting and colourful presentations and guided tours of the truly stunning Dark Skies above. Observe astronomical objects through our equipment and keep your eyes peeled for shooting stars too, all whilst enjoying comfortable hospitality at this wonderful stargazing venue.
Photo Credit: Stuart Atkinson
Included in the package:
- - Suite Accommodation for the duration of your stay
- - Astronomy related presentations and information sharing
- - Stargazing and observing skies through binoculars
- - Other equipment includes red torches for night vision, reclining chairs, blankets and flasks for warm drinks available to borrow. You are of course welcome to bring along your own equipment and telescopes.
- - Ample free parking
- - Meals (breakfast, packed lunches and evening meals) which will be provided at suitable times to allow everyone to catch up on their sleep
- - Hidden Horizons will be providing an indoor planetarium with a live feed of the solar system, so even if the weather is bad you can still stargaze
- - Prior booking through the reception team only on 01723 870310 (cannot be booked online)
- - Trip out one night including transport to Dalby Forest
|Lyrids||22nd April - 26th April||£310.00|
|Perseids||12th August - 14th August||£310.00|
|Orionids (green shooting stars)||21st October - 25th October||£310.00|
|Leonids||17th November - 19th November||£310.00|
|Geminids||13th December - 15th December||£200|
1 night advanced available all year round for £75.00pp full board with packed lunch - just bring your own equipment! Please check with reception for availability.(Please note, this price does not include any additional activities.)